Monday 27 May 2013

A little trip with friends

Hello there, now that I have finished university I am in the process of moving back home, but today I took the day off from unpacking and organising to enjoy a day out. So today I thought I would tell you all about the little trip I took with my friends; and the occasion was, yes you've guessed it, a vintage fair, which has been held over the bank holiday weekend at my local stately home, Doddington Hall. Now this is only few minutes drive from where I live but I always enjoy visiting the house and gardens (I was actually a volunteer there a couple of years ago) and although we didn't get chance to look round today, it was still a lovely setting for the vintage fair.

The outfit I chose to wear today was based on the fact that the sun was shining and that it was lovely and warm, what I neglected to realise though was just how windy it actually was (never a good idea when wearing a dress/skirt), but hay ho. The dress, as you might have noticed, is the one I recently purchased at the Land Army Tribute Jamboree, and I chose to pair it with a plain red cardigan via M&S, white primark pumps with white anckle socks, and the accessories I chose where two daisy hair clips from goodness knows where and my vintage lucite and cord bag.




A good time was had by all of us, from looking round the vintage stalls, enjoying a nice drink in the cafe, to admiring the vintage cars on display (I particularly liked the Sunbeam Rapier in red and cream, although stupidly I forgot to take a photo!) and generally enjoying the sunshine.

Hope you have all had an equally enjoyable bank holiday weekend.
 
Annabelle.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Looking goood!
    And especially your bag is very cute :)
    Oops, I only just read the comment you posted a few weeks ago on my blog - still have to get used to Blogger I think..?

    Sounds like a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete